A section of Highway 417 wil be closed in full, starting July 2, so that the O-Train Trillium Line bridge can be demolished and replaced.
Tomlinson Group issued a notice Monday, saying both the eastbound and westbound lanes of the highway will shut down from Carling Avenue to Bronson Avenue, gradually, starting a 7 p.m. on July 2. The road will be fully closed by 8 p.m.
The highway will then reopen to traffic in both directions by Monday July 6 at 6:00 a.m.
During the closure, signed detour routes will be in place on city roads.
The closure includes the following Highway 417 on/off ramps:
- Carling Avenue to 417 Eastbound on ramp
- Parkdale Avenue to 417 Eastbound on ramp
- O’Connor Street to 417 Westbound on ramp
- Lyon Street to 417 Westbound on ramp
- Bronson Avenue to 417 Westbound on ramp
- Parkdale Avenue to 417 Westbound on ramp
The Rochester NS to 417 west ramp will be closed starting at 7 p.m. on June 30.
Aside from ramps, Orangeville Street is expected to be fully closed between Rochester Street and Booth Street.